Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Couple Found Dead in Tutong

A couple was found dead yesterday just outside their house in Telisai Tutong.

The deceased, both locals, were husband and wife. The man was in his 40's while the woman in her 30s.

The bodies were reportedly found by a family member, who raised the alarm, at around 2pm. The body of the man was reportedly found near the doorstep and the woman a few metres away.

When the Bulletin arrived at the scene late in the evening, the police had cordoned off the area.

The daughter of the man said, "I only found out about the deaths late this afternoon. I am in shock as I didn't expect this to happen. I rushed here as fast as possible."

The daughter, who was in tears as she spoke to the media, goes to a college in the capital.

"I arrived late and do not know what happened," she added.

Meanwhile, the father of the dead man said, "I received a call from one of my children at around 3pm about the incident. He was the eldest son of seven. He has 10 children, six from his previous marriage and four from his second wife who was also found dead at the scene.

"At the time (of the incident), I was in the capital undergoing a course and was called in the afternoon and arrived late," his father said.

"I didn't expect this to happen and was shocked when told of the deaths," he said.

According to the father his son got married to the second wife in 1995. He worked in the private sector, he added.

Police personnel were at the scene but refused to comment as investigations are ongoing. [Borneo Bulletin]

No comments:

 
Happy Cat Kaoani